Sunday, January 25, 2015

January 30 x 30 Challenge #25 Going Walking

January 30 x 30 Challenge  # Going Walking

I took a lot of geese and ducks photos... Luckily many were taken with my Canon G11 so I have good  HD raw files to work with for cropping and then blurring..First I crop the image to the size of the format. Then sometimes I make another letter to blur to see the main areas. Then sometimes I have to move stuff like the goose on the right was moved in closer.  This is a cropped version of three geese probably running away from me at the time.  I find the geese so human like with their expressions.  This was done with a sketch which I brush down with liquin then I sketched dry. See progress image...

20 x 20 Heavy brown paper. Neocolor I wax pastels with pencils and medium.


Finished  


Preliminary sketch before medium

I wanted to scan after the medium was applied and dried... oops forgot!!!



5 comments:

Meredith Adler said...

Forgot?! What do you mean you forgot? Please tell me you didn't put this on your scanner wet???

LOVE your geese, all the ones you have done of them this month. They are so expressive and bring me right there. I'm impressed you know how to move elements around in Photoshop, too!

Carol Edan said...

No I didn't scan it wet... forgot to scan it when it dried..before next layer....scanner head is glass and it is easy to clean... window cleaner/baby-wipes/ solvent... sometime the dry crayons make stains... Glad you like my geese... hope next time I will be able to go out I'll be able to see them... last time there was a storm...

Sue Marrazzo said...

So SWEET!

Carol Edan said...

Thank you so much... always appreciate your feedback.

Meredith Adler said...

Oh, good. Yes, with the OP's, I have to clean my scanner in between paintings, too! Usually vinegar and water. I was just picturing your losing your wet painting to your scanner! Yes, really like the geese paintings. Looking forward to seeing them all at the same time in your collage. I came here to see if your next post is up, but it is not. I'll look again in the morning.