Saturday, January 24, 2015

January 30 x 30 Challenge # 24 Standing Pool

January 30 x 30 Challenge  # 24 Standing Pool

This is the view of the large standing pool,  Water comes up to you shoulders... of course how tall you are...The further wall has a cascade of water for a wonderful water message...  There are a few islands to lean on .  Actually the pole of the railing was right in the middle of the couple which I moved over to the left.
Figuring what to put in and WHAT to leave out is important.

20 x 20 Heavy brown paper. Neocolor I wax pastels and pencils and medium.




Sketch before Liquin

6 comments:

Meredith Adler said...

It's almost like the sun coming in made it like a rainbow! Beautiful piece, love the waterfall...wish I had a standing pool!

Meredith Adler said...

OMG, I think our comments crossed, how hysterical!!

Meredith Adler said...

My dear, that road you want to follow leads to my house :-) (please don't publish this one, just trying to comment back to you and not sure you make it back to see what i replied on my blog)

Carol Edan said...

Thanks Meredith!!! Think I exaggerated the colors in PS have a licence!!! LOL

Sea Dean said...

I find this piece mesmerizing. I had to come back twice to enjoy it all the more.

Carol Edan said...

Thank you very much... your feedback is much appreciated>