Friday, January 2, 2015

January 30 x 30 Challenge #2 Relaxing in the Jacuzzi

January 30 x 30 Challenge  #2 Relaxing in the Jacuzzi

Think warm,bubbling water overlooking the view of the drainage pool and the surrounding... water is about
37 degree Celsius = 98.6 degree Fahrenheit  Simply delicious!!!!

The photo for this was taken quite a while ago.... since then the wood floor has been replaced by synthetic grass  UGH!!!! But the water is the same!!!

Have returned to my favorite square format.  20 x 20 cm.  Heavy brown paper which has a distinct texture.Wax pastels, some medium to soften, and pencil... After sketching  with the crayons I felt it needed a softer look while some of the papers texture was lost...


4 comments:

Meredith Adler said...

Well, I am so impressed! This is a wonderful composition, excellent execution and medium handling. You are off to a very strong start! I am delighted to see this piece!! My computer is truly touch and go, so if I suddenly seem absent, you will know why. I will be routing for you, though!

Carol Edan said...

Thanks so much.... had really mixed feeling with this one...... am experimenting with the media....hoping your computer stays stable!!!!

Meredith Adler said...

No mixed feelings here--I think this one is brilliant. I really like all the "counter diagonals." Just look at the tilt of the arms/shoulders of the closest individual--countered by the ceiling diagonals. Brilliant composition!

Carol Edan said...

Thanks so much... had a good reference photo but most was quite spontaneous!!!!