Sunday, May 24, 2020

Art-itude V Oils

"The object isn't to make art. It's to be in that wonderful state which makes art inevitable." Robert Henri

How wonderful it was to go back to my weekly workshop.  Brought 2 substrates to work on, one heavy brown paper board and cut canvas wrapped around cardboard. Not all the prompts are compatible with oils so I had to compromise but getting back to oils, the creamy consistency and smells were delightful. Loved working on the paper, less on the canvas. Both are still in their first stages, only did half the prompts, so hopefully, on Tuesday I will continue.

WIP
Oils on heavy brown board
20" x 20"

First Marks Graphite Pencil
Oils on heavy brown board
20" x 20"

For the first marks, about 69, one for each day in isolation, I was inspired by the simple drawings of Paul Klee.  Done with graphite on the paper and oil pastel on the canvas. I like the minimalistic feel about this painting. Probably won't do much, but at the same time I don't want to get attached. Hard sometimes to distinguish between attachment and work done!




No comments: