Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Art-itude III IV

My lockdown, I prefer stay-at-home, started around the end of February beginning of March. There were not many cases as yet but Israel had started closing its gates and many citizens coming back had to go into quarantine. As days melt into days it was hard to locate the exact time frame but found this article in Wikipedia.  You don't have to read it its more for my reference.

What I did remember was that I decided well before March 11 not to attend our tri-weekly meeting of Death Cafe in Tel Aviv.  Our last workshop was on the 10th of March. From 11th of March to today the 18th of May 69 days! WOW!  I did venture out to walk the dog, sometimes more than 100M allowed. Visited my artist friend Lea, sat outside with 2 M distance.  Did go out for shopping, pharmacy protecting myself with mask and gloves even before masks were mandatory. Made some from heavy-duty paper towels and placed a pad ( allways} for an extra filter. I did try ordering online and going for a pickup but that didn't work so well.  End of April Yael visited with the boys, We all sat safe distances but I did squeeze in some hugs. May 9th we had all family to celebrate Uri's 11th birthday. We all sat the requested 2M apart... didn't hug the older grand-kids because they had already met up with their friends. It was a happy day!

Yesterday had an eye appointment so ventured to the mall where the clinic has its offices. Some stores were open but not a very happy atmosphere.  Why this megillah (long story)? Well tomorrow our workshop re-opens so this will be my first real social meeting, wonder how many will attend.  We did keep in contact with Reuven through Zoom. I did create an album of work that we did over this 2 month + period! I added most of the images so my name in on them, by clicking the image, and  (i) you will get the artist's name. We all seemed to get out of our "boxes".


WIP
19.5" x 19.5"
Acrylics and other media
240gm Cartridge Paper

WIP
19.5" x 19.5"
Acrylics and other media
240gm Cartridge Paper

No comments: