Tuesday, September 30, 2014

30 in 30 Day 30

At Peace

Day 30 I wanted something special.  Something that would sort of sum up the month of the challenge and the theme I chose... hands.  Some were conceptual and some more to the realistic... all showed hands in some form or another.  For the final sketch, I feel they are all sketches, I looked at the hands of one the most famous paintings. Most recognize the enigmatic smile of Mona Lisa but her hands show such elegance and restfulness they are at peace....we all want and need peace.... within ourselves and within our world.

This is far from perfect.... rubbed down first attempt and started a new..

Charcoal and conte on grey pressed cardboard
8 x 8

8 comments:

Kathy Elliott said...

Your theme and paintings this series speak elegance and peace. Thank you. Beautiful!

Carol Edan said...

Thank you so much...I really needed this challenge this month. In many ways it was therapeutic.

Joan of Art@LindenLineDesigns said...

Hello Carol. I just wanted to let you know that I have really enjoyed your theme for this 30 in 30 challenge. You painted so many wonderful paintings. Congratulations on completing the challenge. (I almost did ... ) Wishing you a happy week!

Carol Edan said...

Thanks so much...your feedback is much appreciated..You did an excellent job...no one counts!!!

Bhavani said...

Carol.. It's been a joy to see how you developed your theme over the month. This is a great idea to zoom in on the hands of a famous painting. You did a great job.

Carol Edan said...

Thanks your support is much appreciated...

Meredith said...

My greatest joy this month (oops, last month, today is October!) has been anticipating and viewing your wonderful, wonderful, hands. Thanks for all the pleasure they have given me and continue t give me. I can't WAIT for your collage! Been waiting all month!! May you experience within yourself and within your life the peace that these hands you have painted convey...

Carol Edan said...

Thank you for your constant support. Yours words fill my heart!!!