Thursday, September 18, 2014

30 in 30 Day 18

Collage Mishmash

Have seen some awesome mixed media work on the challenge and thought I would try my hand. Not much materials at hand..... will try to collect stuff for the future... lighter papers ... textures and stuff .. all I had were some newsprint and shiny stuff from travel magazines. The pieces were pasted on tracings of my grandson's hands....
I feel collage work would go greatly with my wax/oil crayons...will look for tutorials as well....

Collage on crayon drawing
8 x 8 inch grey cardboard 

5 comments:

Joan of Art@LindenLineDesigns said...

Me, too. I enjoy trying different methods with mixed media. It's always so relaxing and enjoyable. This is really cool, lots of layers add so much dimension to the whole piece. Have fun with Day #19.

Carol Edan said...

Thank you Joan... appreciate your feedback!!!

Sue Marrazzo said...

what a cool collage!

Carol Edan said...

Thanks Sue for your encouragement!!!

Meredith Adler said...

Love the collage and your pun (did you say that on purpose ("thought I would try my hand")?