Friday, January 3, 2014

Day 3 30 in 30 challenge


20 x 22 cm
oil on cardboard 

Day three... Leslie's 30 in 30 challenge

Friday.... lots of household chores before Shabbat, so started painting after lunch today... no sun from my window and had to make do with artificial lighting... also I am a morning person so will try harder to find more "window of time" in the morning when the sun, streams through my window.

Tried to vary my grays with the hues of my basic gray... in this case ultramarine + raw umber.  So I have some cooler and warmer tones.  Tried to not fiddle to much and put done color and leave...Oils with palette knife on gessoed cardboard with a thin tone of raw umber

Calling this a WIP because it does need some tweaking and its too wet....


3 comments:

Meredith Adler said...

This one really wow'd me, Carol! It looks like silver! So, so charming!! Love it! I know you probably think of it as a study since you painted it on cardboard, and you said it's unfinished, but I look forward to hearing what you think of it if you don't look at it for a day or so and go back to it...

Carol Edan said...

Thank you so much for your encouragement!!! If it looks like silver that means its shiny.. so if I got that I am happy!!! They are very small ceramic pots that my daughter makes in a ceramic class. The top part is glazed and the bottom part which is plain clay uncovered... so glad I joined the challenge.. thanks to YOU!!!

Meredith Adler said...

Yes, you definitely got the shine! How thrilling! Probably between them looking shiny and the palette you used, they made me think of silver. Wonderful... And I am so glad we are doing this challenge together.