Friday, January 10, 2014

Day 10 30 x 30 Challenge

Leslie's 30 in 30 Challenge

20 x 25 cm
Oils on gessoed cardboard

This was finished late last night and photographed this morning... and now after a lazy day at our favorite spa I am posting.  Today's Leslie's post really hit home to me.  
It's literally impossible to paint your best when you undertake a challenge like this. Rather, it's about the process we have to go through to paint a painting every day.
 That is exactly how I feel with this challenge... for a long time now I have wanted to paint at home and not only at my weekly workshop... had millions of excuses lined up... not enough time... oils and the mess...etc.
With this challenge I am proving to myself that it IS possible.
I am also much more efficient when it comes to painting, I literally go to my easel, do a quick sketch and start painting within a few minutes. 
My table which is both my painting table and computer table has been organized... a tablecloth covering my palette, knives, some paints... containers with linseed oil and turps... and small little containers with paint from previous sessions... want to paint... roll out the cloth...
When faced with a Challenge we are more focused and excited about reaching our goal. What you will learn this month will help you all year. You will have an easier time painting those masterpieces.
I hope that I will over come the fear of NOT succeeding  every time.. and learn  new habits that will allow me to grow!!!

Painting of my daughter's two cats, Mishmish and Ludwig cuddled together on a down bed..  20  x 25 gessoed cardboard... yes still with the cardboard.....

2 comments:

Meredith Adler said...

Oh, I hope you are very pleased with this one. I would be if I had painted it. It is precious, and I really like the unique vantage point and composition. The palette works really well for this painting, too....

Carol Edan said...

Thank you very much... yes I am pleased... funny how the camera picks up things your eye doesn't see.... some of the variations in the blacks.......