Saturday, September 9, 2017

In Between Gelli Printing + Collage Lesson III

 Gelli Printing + Collage

When I was in the states I bought a small Gelli Plate 5 x 7". I have signed up for an online course with Jane Davies. The first two lessons were learning how to print and several techniques with stencils, masks, mixing colors etc. The third lesson we cut stencils of rectangular shapes and made prints and then used some of the papers for collage pieces. The exercises were for ONLY  rectangles and white spaces.

These are my first 2 exercises, nothing to write home about. I will be doing this again. In between the 30 x 30 challenge. Lots to learn with Gelli printing, how much paint, mixing etc. I will slowly be buying better paints.

21x21 cm
Bristel
Acrylic Paints
Stencils
Collage

21x21 cm
Bristel
Acrylic Paints
Stencils
Collage

It is difficult to see where to print. Another part of the process is painting over parts of prints that you may want to change, so these are open to that possibility. Fun but frustrating at the same time.

No comments: