Thursday, August 27, 2020

Purple Skies

“The sky is already purple; the first few stars have appeared, suddenly, as if someone had thrown a handful of silver across the edge of the world.”
― Alice Hoffman, Here on Earth

Color mixing never ceases to surprise me.  Just the choice of what 2 colors to use in my intuitive process is exciting. Today I chose a fairly dark Magenta and a bright turquoise! This along with a watercolor pencil, oil pastel ( most often randomly chosen), and graphite pencil or crayon make up my limited palette combined with black, white, and titanium buff!  So what a surprise when I combined the two colors and got a really bright purple! There is such a wide variety in a limited palette and a wide variety when using a set of prompts.

Found Myself Gazing at the Purple Skies
20" x 20" FSC Organic paper 350gm 
Acrylics and Mixed Media


May lighten the bottom section to create more contrast. Thoughts?

No comments: