Thursday, June 11, 2020

Please forgive me Archie

Archie was a neighbor. Archie was a friend. Archie was an artist, mainly sculpture but did paintings, sketches in lots of media. I inherited a lot of substrates, drawing blocks when the person that bought his house from his son, started cleaning his attic studio and threw them in the street. In some of his drawing pads, there are still some lovely charcoal sketches. On one of the boards, there was an abstract acrylic painting. I didn't have the heart to throw away. At one point I did cut it half and found one half and decided to use it as a background. It will still live on as part of new work. I am sorry that I didn't photograph the original. Now, where is that other half?

Started a few art-itude prompts Palette teal, chromatic black, white, and buff. Orange oil pastel for my first marks. Background Archie Talor! haven't really decided on its orientation,



WIP
21.5" x 15"
Oils on cardboard


No comments: