Monday, June 8, 2020

Diptych in Purples

Art is a rare pursuit where participants have to learn to ring their own bells.
Robert Genn


When working in oils I usually work one two or more pieces. This allows me not to get bored or wrapped up in one painting or in one section. Putting work aside and looking at it even after a few minutes often allows a fresh look.  Sometimes in my workshop when I take a coffee break, way across the room, and look at the work really from afar I also get a new perspective. So I worked the green diptych together with the purple one using the same color palette. Only the underlying collage pieces were different. The color palette is Azo Gold, as close as I could get, black, usually chromatic, white, and buff titanium. These were the colors given by my "bossy" instructor!

WIP
Each panel 6" x 18"
Oils on cut canvas
Collage
Digitally Framed


Collage Start


WIP
Still unseparated






No comments: