Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Art-itude IX Castles in the Sky

 " Studio Ghosts: When you're in the studio painting, there are a lot of people in there with you. Your teachers, friends, paintings from history, critics...and one by one, if you're really painting, they walk out. and if you're really painting, you walk out." Audrey Flack Art and Soul
Re-posting this quote. Yesterday we discussed in feedback something on that line. I said that sometimes I don't know who is doing the painting, and he replied that's a great state to be.

Great day at my workshop yesterday. Finished a piece, at least till I decide to fuss some more. Separated diptychs, Reuven agreed that divided and with a small mat they are best and made a new start. So grateful to be able to have this workshop. Meeting my artist friends and working together.  We may continue in July!


I Want to Fly to the Castles in the Sky
Mixed Media
Acrylics Oils Oil Pastels Graphite Pencil
20" x 20"
Light cardboard

Don't know what came over me the other day! I was in the middle of an art-itude and was cleaning my palette of some dark grey with water and decided to pour it over like a milky wash. I didn't like the drips so with my roller went over the whole mess. Desaster! It was like something took over kept going with oil pastels, smudged with oil, and graphite pencil. Finally, put it aside.

Took it to workshop and discussed it with Reuven, who usually doesn't like to make suggestions referred me to an Israeli Painter by the name of Moshe Kupferman who uses flat painted areas to contrast busy sections

No comments: