Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Incarcerate

To improve my vocabulary and my spelling I subscribe to  Word of the Day by Mirriam-Webster. Today the word was incarcerate. Very appropriate for these trying times. Most of us are experiencing some sort of physical incarceration but isn't it true that we all suffer from some sort of mental incarceration? We tend to let negative thoughts, ideas linger locked in our brains. The same is true in our thoughts of our creativity. We box ourselves in.

In January I started a yearly journey with Paint Yourself Free. Best investment so far in online learning!  I have done a huge amount of work but haven't really shared much. Mainly because I suffer from the idea that I can't express my thoughts in words. A negative thought that I have to release.  Looking back I did one post here. Most are WIP because of the process I am learning. But I promise to share more with or without any wordy introduction.

After many days/ few days, they all seem to melt into one, I finally decided to get my hands dirty with my "inner child Cookie" in my studio. 

Decided on yellows,one of my favorite colors. Chose Hanza Yellow and Yellow Ochre as my two colors along with titan buff and black and white.  BossyPants #1 on cardboard. ( I will be soon running out)
The first was done using the prompts except when Cookie decided to do some extra stuff like pouring some liquid paint and making extra scribbles!

Now to add to my frustration I can't upload an image NADA NADA NADA! 
I will post the images on my Instagram account and my Flickr account

Sorry for the inconvenience! Comment here or there or not!
Any suggestion for a new blog platform if this problem persists?

Well after searching and searching found how to revert to the classic mode! Uploads WORK!

WIP
Composition in yellows

Acrylics on cardboard 19.250 x 20 " BP#1


WIP
Leftover paints and mixed prompts! Acrylics, large charcoal blocks, watercolor pencils (ink intense) oil pastels. 20 x 20 " 






No comments: