Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Evolution of a Painting

Painting using prompts often brings interesting outcomes. Never the same even when using the same recipe. Different colors, different substrates all come into the equation. I often use the leftover paints on a new substrate choosing different prompts as they come into my head. That is how this painting started. Edited in oil pastels using some tips from Pauline Agnew and here. I have ordered my first set on Senelier Pastels! YAY!

A New Day
Final?
Acrylics and Oil Pastels on cardboard


Original "Underpants"

Leftover paints and mixed prompts! Acrylics, large charcoal blocks, watercolor pencils (ink intense) oil pastels. 20 x 20 " 

Flipped 180 °
Started using oil pastels
Just lazy to start with wet paints

More editing

I decided to bring this into PS and use some filters in Topaz Studio2. Topaz studio also comes in a free-standing software so you don't need PS. There is a free trial. They have great filters called  "add a look" I chose a grunge look. 


Grunge Look

PS painted on a new layer
Used as an idea











No comments: