Monday, April 16, 2018

Mythology a Modern Take

Our monthly challenge is a sort of mashup based on any mythological story. Sort of a modern-day interpretation. Decided on the story of Perseus and Madusa. My mashup, interpretation, is based on the fact that Perseus had to use a magic shield in order not to look at Medusa's face. Wonder Woman is my hero in the fight against domestic violence! I used domestic violence as an example of any social issue, it could be violence against animals, environmental, racial etc. On the shield, I placed some images over the face of Medusa. Well, the moral of the story is that we shouldn't hide issues in a mirror but face them head-on. A little far-fetched!

For this project, I made a digital composite in Photoshop and really enjoyed the process!

Don't hide behind a Mirror
Digital Composite
11 5/8 x 16 5/8 "
A3



No comments: