Thursday, June 25, 2015

# 65 Fantasy Landscape

# 65 Fantasy Landscape

Actually I really don't know what title to give this painting so Fantasy Landscape may be as good as any other. In this new direction of working  more abstractly, even realistic paintings are abstract, leaning new techniques and new materials I feel I am in some new "fantasy" world. A scary,intriguing and exciting place.
Who knows where this journey will take me.

This started out as as charcoal sketch on gessoed cardboard. I have started to roughly sketch interesting compositions in simple shapes and tones and this developed from one of those small sketches. Unfortunately I didn't jot down the reference I used.


Charcoal Sketch
34.5 x 44.5
gessoed cardboard

Oils & Cold Wax
34.5 x 44.5
gessoed cardboard




4 comments:

Meredith Adler said...

Thanks for chronicling your inner as well as your outer quest! I clicked on this one to look at it larger--I really appreciate the depth you have achieved, which I don't think I would have "gotten" to the degree I did if I hadn't enlarged it. Maybe consider changing to a larger setting in Blogger?? I mean, in case people don't take the time to enlarge. I really could get lost in looking at this one for a long time! Keep 'em coming!

Carol Edan said...

Thanks!!!!I could make it larger , right now its at medium size... I do upload a large file... this is one of my favs. I'll see how it looks... thanks for your feedback... What do you think of the yellow blobs? They were brighter and I think I'll make them brighter again...

Meredith Adler said...

Hmmmm...hard for me to say without seeing. Right now, as is, I think the color of the yellow blobs harmonizes nicely with that blue.

Carol Edan said...

OK I will leave this one alone for the time being... do another with more contrast... May change it on PS to "see" before i "do"