Wednesday, January 16, 2019

It's So Sad to be Alone

Decided to post first thing and not to procrastinate. So far the sun is shining but it's cold and forecasts are for a stormy one day storm. That's all they talk about in the news, so today I will not be making my weekly visit to Neve Shalom. The grandkids will be staying with friends in Jerusalem in hopes that there will be snow.

These are the last of the group of figure studies. I will be continuing this series, prepared two formats.
Am busy with PYHAS with a new lesson every week, a few paintings for my family that I am struggling with, and other projects.

Sometimes a reference really catches you. You feel drawn into the story. That is what the reference did for me. I made 3 different versions. An elderly woman sitting alone in what seems a bare and cold room. A table and a radiator and not much more.

Feeling Lonely and Cold Like a Penny Waiting for Change
19.5 x 13.5 "
Gessoed paper with Acrylic Background
Charcoal and Wax Crayons

You come into the world alone and you go out of the world alone, yet it seems to me you are more alone while living than even going and coming. (Emily Carr)
13,5 x 19.5 "
Gessoed paper with Acrylic Background
Charcoal and Wax Crayons

Having a Hard Time
Portrait of a Lonely Woman
13,5 x 19.5 "
Gessoed paper with Acrylic Background
Charcoal and Wax Crayons







No comments: