Friday, January 4, 2019

Happy New Year Poking Around with Color Wheels

Still poking around... just haven't been up to posting.  As usual lots of projects going.... working on color, PYHAS 2019 has started, 3 large (for me) paintings one for my daughter and one for Noam and Amir. Have yet to get reference photo for Amir.

Somehow I get painters block when doing paintings for others, a sort of loss of freedom. Have to get around that but it's difficult. It doesn't look the reference, not the right colors etc. Anyone with a good formula!

I signed up for Color My Life 2018 by Kellee Wynne, which she offered for free. Never can get enough about color.  I made 2 color wheels and plan on several more. Good therapy!

The first was an earthy palette.  Indian Red  Prussian Blue Naples Yellow Deep



The second is what she calls a Modern Wheel based on the CYMK colors the printer uses.
Had to improvise with the colors I had. Used Cadmium Yellow Light, Alizarin Crimson, and Primary Blue (name on the tube). Interesting for me was the red-orange which is close to Cad Red and the Blue purple which looks like a real blue. leftover paints made great neutrals!

Both wheels used oil paints on paper. Any three of the primaries can be used for a wheel.


Now to do some of the exercises she has for all the colors!

No comments: