Saturday, October 13, 2018

More Transfer Experiments

I seem to be wandering all about. Did experiments in Gelli Plate transfers that didn't finish. Workshop figure studies to post and continue. This morning couldn' sleep so did some experiments in mono-printing on my Gelli plate. Hey there Carol, FOCUS!

OK, photographed the transfers so I can post. Seems every time I look and photograph there is something to tweak. Have to stop somewhere, they are really just experiments. Really was feeling the technique and if something worked it was just luck!

You can find the WIP here

Windows to my Soul
8 x 10 "
Heavy Textured Paper
Acrylics Collage Watercolor Neocolor I crayons 

Gel transfers references should be high contrasted. The first step with dark colors and second with lighter. These are fun to do, can be addictive. Lots of trial and error. I worked on the print with my wax crayons and decided to make use of the map as a frame.


"London isn't waiting for me
There too I'll be alone"
Chava Alberstein
9.5  x  13 "
Gelli print on a map of London
Crayons



Print off press

Magazine page with added crayons

Magazine page after placing on the plate




No comments: