Thursday, August 16, 2018

What Assemblage!

Assemblage, I had never heard of this art medium! Reuven asked me to search various artists working in this field for the summer group.  So first Wikipedia for more information.  One particular artist I researched was Anselm Kiefer, a German artist working in this field.  Below 2 short videos of his work.

14 minutes

 14 minutes

So for a week, I have been collecting various items that could be used.  Found an old cardboard that I had pasted strips of cardboard, a pressed cardboard wrapping piece that came with some item bought were my main starting points... Somehow white was the color running through my head. I also brought various pieces of bubble wrap that I had used in Gelli-printing.

My main concern was the feeling that I was somehow in kindergarten making constructions with cardboard item like toilet paper rolls etc, which I also brought along with my pile of junk. I had to overcome and go beyond. Reuven asked, what is the title... White City thinking of Tel Aviv.... work with that! 
WIP 
WIP
From the Side

Critique:  Needs a twist. The red is to obviously placed, the right piece in the right place! 

WIP II

Addition of another strip of bubble wrap. NOT ENOUGH! Don't want more elements, going back to kindergarten.  Actually, the answer is right in front of me. It's too gray! Painting cardboard tray white will test this option in PS!

Open for suggestions! I can't say that this medium really speaks to me. Maybe I need more JUNK!








No comments: