Thursday, April 6, 2017

Fun with Paper II

For me a square is not really an abstract shape. It's more like a window. And a rectangle for me, really is a door, something we could pass through. (Pat Martin Bates)

About the quotes. I am learning about new artists. Her work is amazing.

Aside from my writing course, I am also taking two other courses through MoMA. The first is In the Studio Postwar Abstract paintings   What is different about this course is that the instructor demonstrates how the painter worked in the studio and invites participants to try their hand. The first painter is Barnett Newman, a painter that I was not familiar with. Haven't tried his zip technique but it is amazing, I can't wait to try. Remember he painted these in the 1960's!

This is a continuation of Fun with Paper I. These papers are a light beige color not as heavy as the red.

An Orange Sea
36 x 25
Paper 
Oils with Cold Wax
Collage


Through the Window
25 x 36
Paper 
Oils with Cold Wax
Collage


No comments: