Thursday, February 18, 2016

Snake Plant Collage

I really enjoyed doing the collage for workshop project. I love collages but never really thought of it as a media that I could connect to. During the challenge I met a great collage artist Hannah Klaus Hunter and was so inspired by her work I felt I had to give it a try. I don't have collections of fabrics, papers and other stuff, just plain newspint,so off I go. I  thought that the snake plant would be a good subject because of its simple shapes.This was done directly on the grey cardboard. I taped all the edges because the cardboard tends to fray. Background oils , leaves and planter newsprint  with caran d'ache crayon and some oil pastel drawings.

Snake Plant Collage
37 x 37 cm
Newsprint with crayons and oils

Here are some of the stages of this painting.

Rough Graphite Sketch

Chico likes my painting
or maybe just
the chair

Painted background with 
leaves pasted


No comments: