Monday, February 15, 2016

My Postcards On Their Way

This January through the challenge I met some wonderful artists and work. On Shiela's blog, I learned about a postcard swap run by Kat Sloma and got hooked on the idea. Ok, my daughter works for a professional printer and decided to get an estimate.  I knew I would need to print more than just the 5 needed for the swap but wasn't quite ready to print 100. So I decided to print them myself at a photo printer and paste the backs with card stock.

Postcards Ready to Go


First printing didn't come out so well because of the different proportions here. I thought they could print my 11 x 15 cm files on the 13 x 18 cm size and I would trim them to size.  Didn't quite work out that way and they printed up to large without margins... Rechecked my files to see that they were indeed 11 x 15 and they were.  Back to another printer and the same thing happened, saw on the monitor without printing. They suggested that I try to paste my file on the larger file in photoshop.  In the end used the "canvas size" option to get the results.  Had them trimmed at the printers and was ready to make the backings since I couldn't order stick on backs and no printer prints both sides like my first estimate.  Looked over the tutorial and found the best way for me was 3 strips of double sided tape and UHU stick. Pasted on one edge and trimmed the other 3 sides. My daughter didn't like the backs because they were hand made.

Well, maybe next year I will print professionally... What will I do with 100 postcards?  The price was good about 40 cents a card. Any suggestions!!!!

No comments: