Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Workshop #55 Tulip in Bottle

Workshop  #55  Tulip in Bottle

This started out as a Challenge on DPW   hosted by Dianne Mannion beginning of April.  I downloaded the image and although I wanted to keep within the "rules" of the challenge it didn't turn out that way.  Didn't post it on the DPW page.

I have been experimenting with a wash technique that would incorporate sketching and diluted oils.  I also like to sand between layers which adds a bit of texture. May tweak this with some more pencil/crayon.  This is the first in a series of four florals.


 25 x 25 cm canvas on cardboard 

I am so fortunate to get  some great canvas strips from my workshop artist and friend Traudi.  She buys whole rolls of canvas and cut them to size... Huge!!! and brings me the side strips... I cut these to size and glue them on  pressed grey cardboard.  I will be experimenting with different size formats.   





No comments: