Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Workshop # 51 Lisbon Nook

Workshop # 51  Lisbon Nook

I have had this reference  photo for ages... I had downloaded it from a  WDE event last November from wetcanvas . These a Weekly Drawing Events that start on Friday and continue all week. The event was hosted by Wendy aka Sundiver.. This event had wonderful photos some I downloaded and hope to paint.. The reference library has thousands of wonderful photos posted by its members, me included.  In order to download images you have to be a member and have posted at least 3-4 posts on the various forums..

I loved the subtle colors of this reference. Although I changed some of them.  Did this in stages in my weekly workshop. I tend to work several simultaneously.

30 x 30 cm   Oils on wrapped canvas using a palette knife.

Final

One of the stages


4 comments:

bhavani krishnan said...

I really like this series of interiors. This one is fabulous. Love the light filled scene. Makes me wanna sit on the couch.

Carol Edan said...

Thanks Bhavani.... glad you felt special mood...

Meredith Adler said...

Carol, I love your take on this photo! Fabulous job, great sense of light without the darks being real dark...

Carol Edan said...

Thanks Meredith... struggled with the contrasts in this piece... but feel it now works...