Saturday, November 8, 2014

Small Work #39 Small Green Box on Red Book

I am back to numbering my small works... daily or not so daily...

This is another color study using the technique of "broken color" as described in a video by Richard Robertson  This time I took a small green box and placed it on a red book, appropriately  "The Arts" by Hendrik Willem Van Loon. A book that belonged to my mother. I am enjoying working on paper, oils dry faster, and learning this new technique. Checking the BW version I can see some spots that need to be tweaked.

Oils on brown paper 9 x 11 "

Here is the BW to check general tonality...

2 comments:

Meredith Adler said...

You are on a roll! Again, great sense of light and shadow, and the broken colors seem to make these works shimmer.

Carol Edan said...

Thanks Meredith... Wish it was a roll... this is going to be one "crazy week"!!!!