Sunday, May 6, 2018

Brimming With Excitement

Have you heard about Sketchbook Revival? I got the link from artist Chris Lally Thanks so much, Chris! Well, I got hooked even though I am quite overwhelmed. Each day there are 2 artists with loads of tips and gifts, it's very hard to keep up and digest all the material. I signed up rather late so I have finished watching just day 5. Today was with Irish artist Amanda Grace and I instantly connected with her philosophy and technique, in short scribbles and chaos! I worked along with her as she demonstrated 3 journal pages. Never felt so FREE! Didn't care what came out! I just had to share!
They aren't really finished, who cares, I see now as I edited the photos that I can go back and tweak, Its just a sketchbook and only for me and you! No titles here.

Art Journal Page 1
8.75 x 12"
Canson Sketch Book 65lb
Mixed Media

About 3 layers of what Amanda calls "stream of consciousness" writing. Each with different drawing tools of various widths and strength. Veiled with either gesso or white paint, I used paint. Scribbles with watercolor crayons and puddled with water to drip. Added collage papers, figures, and just plain book pages. Scribbles around the figures. When pasting the figure collage it was face down on the wet so the face of the boy got a little paint. Those are what Amanda calls art making itself.

Art Journal Page 2
8.75 x 12"
Canson Sketch Book 65lb
Mixed Media

 This started out with heavy scribbling various colors and crayons. Veiled and then scratched writing!
I AM HERE! More watercolor crayons with water. Started some ballpoint marks which I do not like.
I will probably tweak this because I feel it lacks contrast,

Art Journal Page3
8.75 x 12"
Canson Sketch Book 65lb
Mixed Media

This one is my favorite. Amanda started hers on a page that already had scribbles so I made some light scribbles and then started with transparent collage pieces, cut up a print of one of my works. Book pages traced figure, which you can hardly make out. More watercolor crayon scribbles.  Have to take another photo because I veiled some of that heavy blue. 

Really had a ball today!





No comments: