Wednesday, January 17, 2018

A New Substrate Wood

I was discussing with Reuven about the possibility of painting on wood panels. I was thinking of buying but he told me to look around there are lots of reusable panels to be found. He also promised to bring me some that he had seen. So far I haven't seen any coming my way but hope that that will change.

I found a small piece of masonite and with two pieces that Reuven brought I started my journey on this new substrate.

WIP I
12 x 16.5 x .75 "
Oils & Cold Wax
Collage

WIP I
12 x 16.5 x .75 
Oils & Cold Wax
Collage

I was quite timid because the boards had interesting and beautiful markings so I kept putting on and rubbing off.

Second Stage

Here I added some new pieces of collage but mainly did hand drawing on the substrate, and investing negative spaces.
WIP II
12 x 16.5 x .75 
Oils & Cold Wax
Collage

WIP II
12 x 16.5 x .75 
Oils & Cold Wax
Collage


No comments: