Tuesday, July 25, 2017

The Dome

Painting is not a means of communication or even self-expression, but rather a process of discovering, or uncovering. (Louis de Brocquy)


This painting started as a charcoal sketch that I applied some medium. The second stage started with my wax crayons, maybe trying to discover what was hidden in there. With a q-tip dipped in a medium for a more painterly approach. Like this technique.  More crayon work. I feel there is more to discover. It was only after I saw the image in PS did I notice the dome and some interesting figures. Will let it rest awhile. 

Interesting that just last week I spent the morning with my grandson at the Israel Museum and visited the Dome of the Book.  


Stage I
32.5 x 22 cm
Drawing paper

 The Dome WIP
Stage II
32.5 x 22 cm
Drawing paper



No comments: