Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Making by Hand Collage II

Collage-making, for me, is basically an act of painting, allowing me to indulge in an appetite for immediacy. (Abe Ajay)
Found this quote on Art Quotes 


This collage started out with a lot of promise, but in the process at one point, it got completely lost.
This morning I looked at the finished painting, and it just didn't register with me. I just HAD to do something. Usually, I can let things rest but I couldn't with this. Started to scrape, take off collage pieces.I added veiling, scraped, palette knife, transparent pieces, everything but the kitchen sink. I don't think it is finished, but I at least I can look at it.  This is a question, sometimes starts with a little more work can be done, Looking at some the stages I can see where it got lost. Why did I get so wild with the red?

Here is painting as I left my workshop.

36 x 50 cm
Cut Canvas
Oils & Cold Wax

After my attack this morning! Dotty may the authorities after me! 

36 x 50 cm
Cut Canvas
Oils & Cold Wax


No comments: