Thursday, December 31, 2015

Workshop Patterns III

My last post of 2015.  I am still influenced by the colors and patterns of Morocco.  I don't want to graphically reproduce the actual symmetrical patterns but rather suggest them in a freehand manner.

Sorry to say that the colors are not exactly as the original...there is much more purple in the blues and magentas... but knowing that every monitor will see them differently I won't go to the "Rabbi".
I have experimented taking pictures with my Canon G11 and my phone Meizu Note2 the G11 won out.


11 x 11 Inches
Wrapped Canvas
Oils & Cold Wax

Wishing you all a very Happy and Creative New Year.  I am taking up Leslie's 30 in 30 challenge which starts   TOMORROW....I will be working way out of my comfort zone.  First by size small 6 x 8 inches.
Then wet on wet in oils... impasto colors without medium straight from the tube... theme mainly foliage with a slight chance of flowers.  Trying to keep a COOL head, not working still a bit stressed.  I just have to JUMP in  Happy swimming everyone.  




No comments: