Monday, February 11, 2013

By the Sea

First I am having real bad computer problems... haven't been able to use the computer for more than 30 minutes... may have to do a complete reformat of my C drive and build up the computer from scratch... not something that I look forward to....but what the heck... there are worse things....

This is the first of maybe a series of seascapes... these are my two small grandsons player at the sea in Crete this past August.  Oils and palette knife with a little brush work on the figures.

click to enlarge
 May do some tweaking on the figures... had problem when I had to re-work the background... this took several sittings... when will I be able to paint on one sitting????


3 comments:

Bonnie Lincicome said...

I think it's cute Carol. Sometimes simple is best and you did a fantastic job with the skin color too.

Carol Edan said...

Thanks for commenting on the blog!!! Am using a new system here called Disqus...

Meredith Adler said...

Beautiful blues, wonderful job on the waves. I always love how you do children, love how you captured the motion in the little one...