Sunday, October 17, 2021

Bye Bye Workshop

 I really don't know how long I have been going to this workshop, I think for at least 10-12 years. A long time! Now it seems that it just fell apart. My first instructor was Heleni. She had to leave for personal reasons and then came Reuven T. First year went fine, although there were a few drop outs. Second season not so well, third with the pandemic was a disaster. Last part of the year when we did resume, Ariel saved us because Reuven T didn't find it feasible for so few students. Ariel couldn't continue this year, so our "director" found us a new instructor, Eitan Fried  Long story short, did not work out for me, told me outright that he wouldn't be able to help me with critique or direction. Others also felt the same. Group sort of dispersed till we can re-organize hopefully.

Had a few hard days digesting it all but I am sure we will find someone, or I may look for a private mentor.

I commissioned myself to do 2 paintings for my kitchen. I want to some combine still life and abstract. I listened to a zoom presentation by Edmond Praybe on Still Life: More than Nature Morte, at Winslow Art Center, which was the inspiration.


Kitchen WIP
28" x 14"
Oils and CWM
on organic paper

Kitchen WIP
28" x 14"
Oils and CWM
on organic paper

WIP
14" x 14"
Oils and CWM
on organic paper





No comments: