Saturday, November 14, 2020

Stream of Consciousness

  Creativity means thinking on your feet, making adjustments and sorties as you go along, advancing commitment as well as erasure. Unless you express your wishes, however modestly or timidly, you may never know your power. Your general overall theme may be audacious, even simply audacious, but it is the final, well-planned flourishes that will help your work to fly.  Robert Genn


 Sometimes I feel as if I am on some roller-coaster ride! Sometimes high and then very low, nothing in between. Although I made some starts, really haven't been able to push myself to move some further. I have even placed most face to the wall. Now really, Carol, what's the point! I wake up with lots of good intentions, but then find one and million things to do instead. 

I bought a new book to help me get over myself. The Artist's Journey: Bold Strokes To Spark Creativity. By Nancy Hillis. Her process is intuitive, much like John Fullerton. She talks a lot about "The stream of Consciousness, "  creating art in a state where you try to remove all traces of deliberate steering of the creative process.

Stage I

Stage II
Acrylic paint

Stage III
Added tone


At this stage I have removed the papers and see if there are some I want to move forward with.








 

No comments: