Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Sometimes We Need a Push

We are now experiencing a second outbreak which has really got me down. Not a complete lockdown but they closed our small community pool, which was a sort of lifeline. Diving into the cool water, swimming my 16 laps, resting, and reading for another half-hour really helped me get through the day, it was almost a ritual. And then they closed the pools except for hotel pools which really p....d me off! I felt safer there than when  I do my weekly shopping at the supermarket!

Well after lots of discussions and shouting higher up they are opening again at 14:00 TODAY!

Some more good news is that I have an AC unit in my small computer/studio YAY!

I ordered some new paper through the Printing place where my daughter works. I was getting down to the last heavy cardboard substrates that I got from when they emptied Archie's studio. The new paper is not as heavy but quite sturdy, 250gm. Bought 10 sheets in offwhite and 10 sheets in dark brown. These sheets are 28.5" x 40" so had them cut in half.  Have a great supply!

Main colors where Ultramarine blue and chrome green. Collage pieces from dried palettes. Added some pale gold and lots of mark making with graphite, colored pencils, and oil pastels

Just Wanted A Touch of Orange
28.5" x 20"
Brown paper 250 gm 
Acrylics and Collage


The start!

No comments: