Thursday, June 1, 2017

Almost a Month

Every person is born into life as a blank page and every person leaves life as a full book. (Christina Baldwin)


This past month has been one whirlpool of emotions. It almost feels like a year or more. My sister's sudden death, my bazak trip to the US to say goodbye, my new bond with my sister-in-law that graciously  open her heart and home to me. All are still swirling around in my head. Since my return, I have been more or less in a robot state. Not really being able to sit and do one thing for more than 10-15 minutes. Jet lag should have stopped already. Today decided that I have to post and get back to my creative being and hope that this will help move ahead while keeping these new feelings close to my heart. I am grateful that I have this blog and my art and to be able to get these feelings out.

On the Tuesday after my arrival home, our workshop was held in a nearby park, Park Shoham. It was a good feeling to be back and with all my special artist friends. This is a special place with antiquities along with shade trees and picnic tables. We had visited this place previously on a Passover break in 2015

Click movie icon top right

As you can see the park was alive with wild flowers and thistles. We were lucky with the weather as well, a cool day after several very hot days.  I did take a lot of photos and a few sketches. What a surprise that one of the yellow flowers was also growing in my "garden"


Image from Park

Sketches
Pencil and crayons
23 x 33 cm

Ammi visnaga


From Park

Ammi visnaga


Charcoal and conte
23 x 33 cm
Rock







No comments: